Athermal glass are called ones, which at the time of manufacture are made of metal oxides. Due to additives such glass less passed the infrared (heat) radiation. As a result of the addition of metal oxides athermal glass has a light greenish – blue, purple or bronze color.
For athermal glass does not include: tinted glass, simple glass coated with a variety of films and sputtering.
Benefits of athermal glasses:
- Less heated dashboard and the passenger compartment.
- Less glare compared to conventional glass.
- Athermal glass are more durable than ordinary.
- Auto glass is less prone to fogging, frost due to low heat.
- With athermal lenses the load on the system of the vehicle climate control in the heat are reduced.
- Upholstery less fade.
- A more comfortable interior climate in hot weather.
There is one problem of such glasses: athermal glass is more expensive than usual. But due to the benefits this difference can be recouped. For example, athermal glass reduces the load on the car air conditioner.